keskiviikko 1. toukokuuta 2019

First days



25.4 Thursday
Day. 2 Work work work

From the apartment that I´m living in, the first thing that stands out is the size. I´ts really big. It is not all for me though, there´s one room that is in my use, and because there will be no one else living in the same apartment, I basically have the living room and kitchen just for myself. And it´s all only 80€ per week. First full day goes by fast. Going to the nearest store, making some food and taking care of some backlog, that´s a wrap. Oh.. wait.. Fernando is messaging me and he is saying that for couple of days I would be having a roommate from Slovenia, Arin. He had came to photograph the same event´s that would take place tomorrow and the day after. I didn´t bother! When they finally came about 3 hours late, it was 2:00 am. Despite that, I was happy to share the flat.


Kids playing outside seen from kitchen window.




26.4 Friday

Day. 3 The heat arrives

After a good deserved morning coffee Fernando came pick us up from the cafe next to our apartment. We had absolutely no idea what was the plan of the day, but shortly we found ourselves climbing in to a bus full of football players from 5 different European countries. Me and Arin´s job was to document the footballers away day before a big tournament the day after. We weren´t given that many instructions, but it seemed that we where kind of their personal photographers for the day, commemorating good memories. 


Football players cheering with wine.

The first stop was these wine fields just outside of Barcelos. Mesmerizing grape fields and old European style buildings, they use lots of rock as a building material, it can be seen especially from the 1700-1800 buildings. Trough this beautiful vineyard we had a quided tour and at the end there was representation of a new product. From here we continued our way to the next checkpoint in a steaming hot bus. The sweat was real because every time we hopped on the bus I had to dig my laptop out and and empty the memory card, thanks to the 32 gigs (not enough).



After this, the noisy bus full of footballers drove us back to the central, where we got the privilege to photograph the meeting of the town Mayor. After the session, you guessed it, back to the bus and pictures to the laptop. 

Town mayor & Football team manager.












Porto! Our day ended on the beautiful 25 Celsius west coast of Portugal. The golden hour arrives and at this point our work for the day was done, so we decided to relax with some street photography. I used my Nikon d5200 and a Sigma 24-70mm 2.8/f lens the whole day. Arin had his Canon 5d mk3 and a Sigma 85mm 1,4/f, at the end of the day we shared pics, gave feedback and started to work on them.




Shot taken from the Ponte Luís I bridge.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti